Thursday 26 April 2012

Pensions in France (2)

For those who've read the other post re pensions in France this is an update.
Having sent off all the reams of stuff requested by the two different people dealing with my pension request I now have received more paperwork from yet another person, this time one based in Paris.  I might add that it came twice, in 2 separate envelopes but since it's exactly the same paperwork do I fill in both lots and send them back or keep one for my records???  Decisions, decisions.

This lot wants to know 1   bank details.....they already have them but not apparently in Paris
                                   2   details of when I worked in France.... already have this but obviously not in Paris
                                   3   a check list of (I think) contributions to the social security system





So no more blogging until I get this lot completed and in the post.

PS Do any French government departments communicate with another?

Ha! It's a week or so later and I receive another letter, this time to say my pension request has been noted.  Guess where this letter came from  ............ Rouen?     wrong.  Paris?     wrong. This is from an office in Angers.  Work that one out because I can't.  I still haven't been informed if I am actually going to get any sort of pension but even if I do it won't be much as I only worked for a year.

Thought....... we have to go through all this again when my husband's paperwork comes through!

23.05.2012

Well it was all worth it because I'm getting a French pension starting in December......though I had more paperwork to sign to say I wanted to receive the pension.


Postscript!!!   beginning June 2012

Got a letter from Rouen returning my last form because I had signed 2 out of 3 options instead of just one!  And if I'd only looked properly I could have seen it.  I signed to have both 47% of pension from March 2012 and 50% of pension from 12/2012 so I have corrected that one and sent it off again. Let's hope I have finally got it right.




















No comments:

Post a Comment